Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sorry!


Sorry that I have not updated in awhile. Recently my husband sustained a severe back injury, and between taking care of him and our two small children, working, and everything else that goes on around here, I haven't had much time for crafting. My husband is starting physical therapy this week and I am hoping that that will help him recover. I meant to post these cards before Father's Day, but obviously didn't make it in time, so here they are, so maybe they can give you some ideas for next year.

This first card, I made for my youngest son to give to my husband. I found this cute stamp at Michael's and thought that it was just perfect. I colored it in with Prismacolor pencils and used Goo Gone instead of Gamsol to blend it. Love this technique, wish I had a full set of Prismacolors! One day, right? I made the card as a shaker card, and used




coarse glitter to fill it. The frame was made with Coluzzle, and I free hand wrote the sentiment with Ice Stickles. The inside said "No matter how big I get I will always look up to my Daddy". Just love it!

This next card, I made for my oldest son to give, it is a hinged card. The two of them both love anything and everything to do with space, so I used this rocket SVG cut and cut it out with SCAL. Turned out so cute. The patterned paper is DCWV All About Boys stack. I really love how it turned out, and both of them loved it too! In fact, my husband had to wrangle it from my son in order to read it!

That's it for right now, hopefully I can update again here soon, because I do have a couple of other things to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment